The main cause of uneven cooking results while using Microwave Only function is due to incorrect power level set for the quantity of food and cooking duration. The too high power level for a small quantity will result in uneven cooking results.
Always remove all wire and metal shelves or trays during the use of a microwave-only function (side rails may regain).
Place food containers directly on the floor of the appliance or on the turntable for microwave-only function.
Interrupt the appliance during cooking and manually rotate the food at least once.
See the below table for MICROWAVE ONLY power level maximum time:
When you use the Microwave function in Combi mode the Microwave power cannot be more than 600 W.
- Place the food on a plate at the bottom of the cavity.
- Turn or stir the food halfway through the defrosting and cooking time.
- Cover the food for cooking and reheating.
- Place the food in the oven without any packaging. Packaged ready meals can be put into the oven only when the packaging is microwave safe (check information on the packaging)
- Cook food covered. If you want to keep a crust cook food without a cover.
- Do not overcook the dishes by setting the power and time too high. The food can dry out, burn or cause fire.
- Do not use the oven to cook eggs or snails in their shells, because they can burst. Pierce the yolk of fried egg before reheating it.
- Pierce food with skin or peel it with a fork several times before cooking.
- Cut vegetables into similar-sized pieces.
- Stir liquid dishes from time to time.
- Stir the food before serving.
- After you turn off the oven, take the food out and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Put the frozen, unwrapped food on a small upturned plate with a container below it, or on a defrosting rack or plastic sieve so that the defrosting liquid can run off.
- Remove defrosted pieces subsequently.
- To cook fruit and vegetables without defrosting them first, you can use a higher microwave power.
The data in the table is for guidance only.
If the problem persists after the advice in this article is confirmed as followed, we suggest purchasing the glass plate below.
The plate may assist in the respective case, but it is not a requirement for all consumers.
It raises the food a few millimetres above the floor which can increase even energy distribution.
CLICK HERE to purchase the glass plate.
If this article was helpful, please let us know by selecting 'thumbs up'. Alternatively, if the article was not helpful, please if choosing the 'thumbs down' can you provide specific feedback as we monitor this closely to ensure we improve our articles continually.