- Small leak from the dishwasher door
- Leaks under the dishwasher during use
- Water comes out of the door at the bottom or front
- Water below the dishwasher
- Dishwasher displays error code i30 - water leak detected
- Freestanding dishwasher
- Built-in dishwasher
The dishwasher could be leaking due to the below:
The dishwasher is not levelled correctly:
- Check the appliance is levelled correctly with a spirit level
- Loosen or tighten the adjustable feet (if applicable)
- The appliance door is not centred on the tub. Adjust the rear foot (if applicable)
- For more information on levelling your machine please download your user manual CLICK HERE
There is a kink, block or disconnection in the pipes:
- Pull the machine out to check all pipes behind the machine are free from kinks or blockages
- Follow each pipe from dishwasher to tap to ensure there are no disconnections visible and that all seals are dry
There may be a split in the pipe or water seal:
- Pull the machine out to check all pipes behind the machine
- Follow each pipe to ensure there are no kinks or disconnections visible
- Check the water seal thoroughly to check for breaks or erosion
Spray arm rotation impeded or large item deflecting water jet:
- Check the spray arms and filters and clean them if necessary
- Occasionally a large item may block or impede the spray arm rotation, leading to water being sprayed consistently in one position only, this may put undue pressure on one area of the door seal and lead to inundation and leaking in that particular area.
- Check the loading and ensure the spray arms can rotate freely and that no unusually large item is either blocking movement, or perhaps deflecting water spray into a corner of the dishwasher, or back onto the internal door panel. After adjusting the load and/or removing the large item, leave the machine off overnight to allow the base to dry out a little and try again the next day.
To book an engineer visit please click 'Book a repair' on this page.
If this article was helpful, please let us know by selecting 'thumbs up. Alternatively, if the article was not helpful, please if choosing the 'thumbs down' can you provide specific feedback as we monitor this closely to ensure we improve our articles continually.