- Washer dryer displays error message E20 or C2, emits 2 beeps or 2 flashes. It indicates pumping problems.
- Washer dryer does not drain
- The drum does not turn
- The appliance makes an unusual noise because of the blockage of the drain pump
- Front loader washing machine (integrated and freestanding)
- Top loader washing machine
- Washer dryer
1. Ensure correct position of the drain hose.
The drain hose should extend no more than 10 cm down into the drain.
Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance. Download user manual.
2. Ensure correct drain height.
The height of the drain must be no more than 100 cm and no less than 60 cm above the base of the machine or as shown in the user manual.
Refer to the installation instructions in your user manual or separate installation leaflet supplied with your appliance.
3. Clean the pump and filter.
Clean the pump and fluff filter, including the pump blade (if the pump blade is visible, rotate it with a pencil and refit the filter). Then start a hot wash without adding any soap powder to clean out the drainage system.
For detailed procedure refer to the user manual supplied with your appliance.
4. Check for blocked drain.
Check whether the drains are draining satisfactorily. Try a wash with the drain hose in a bowl or sink.
5. Check the drainage hose for possible kink or twist.
Kink or twist in the drain hose may prevent the water from flowing through the hose. You can check it behind the machine.
6. Use less soap powder.
When a lot of soap powder is used or a lot of foam is produced, the level system can get blocked by foam.
You can fix this by switching off the machine and shaking the drum forwards and backwards several times. Clean the drain pump/filter and then run a hot wash without any soap powder.
7. Switch off the power to the machine.
The problem may be solved by switching off the power to the washing machine for about 1-2 hours and then starting a wash cycle again.
If the pump has been blocked, a bimetal fuse will switch off the pump. When the pump has cooled down, it should work normally.
8. Contact an Authorized Service Centre.
If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.
Warning: We do not recommend using the product until the problem has been completely fixed. Unplug the product and do not plug it in again until you are certain that it is OK to do so.