- A padlock has appeared on the display and the appliance won't function
- washing machine
1. A padlock being displayed is to highlight that the ''Child lock'' function has been activated.
2. When the child lock is engaged it will stop you from performing any action apart from turning the appliance on or off via button/control dial.
3. As you can see there are a wide variety of display configurations
- Usually, the child lock buttons will be highlighted on the control panel. If these aren't present, then please refer to your user manual.
- In some models to deactivate the child lock, you need to press two buttons, in other models only one button.
- Example chapters with the "Child Lock" option explained
4. If you have trouble removing the child lock, disconnect the appliance from the power supply for about 5-10 mins before trying again.
5. For appliances with a programme button, you can usually remove child lock as soon as the appliance has been powered on.
6. For appliances with a programme dial, you may need to unlock this on the last used programme or cycle through each programme, attempting to remove child lock.
7. If you are still experiencing issues, then a service visit would be recommended.
- The child lock has been activated making the appliance appear unresponsive